Thursday, May 2, 2013

Rainy, er, Snowy Spring Day

I decided that this week that I'd start my blog again.  I was thinking:  “Sure, lets start because fieldwork started last week and planting is going to start!”  Obviously, Mother Nature had a different idea of how May should begin!  I'm very sorry it's been about 2 years since my last post, but I think I'm ready to give it a go again!

We got about 6 inches of snow when we woke up this morning.  This COLD wet weather is setting us back a bit on planting.  We don’t have any corn in the ground yet, and now I’m thinking that’s a good thing! 

2013 05 02 MayDaySnow

Yes, yes. I feel the same as everyone about snow in May: YUCK. However, to spread a little sunshine, I want to tell you what I love about spring rainy days (or, in this case, snow days!):

Time with my husband.

Normally during the planting season, the kids and I don’t get to see much of him.  He’s gone before the kids wake up and home after they are in bed.  Okay, okay, I’ll admit it: some days I am still in bed when he leaves and in bed when he gets home! 

However, when he can’t be in the field, he is in at ‘normal’ times (like breakfast, lunch, and dinner).  For some reason, reading a book, or the paper, or watching a movie sounds better than paying bills, or catching up on bookwork!  We don’t get much work at all done on these days! 

Sure, I dislike the snow.  But, how can I dislike watching the kids wrestle, snuggle, and play with their daddy?  Look on the bright side of the snow/rainy days: that is time EVERYONE enjoys! 

What is your bright side on rainy/snow days?

No comments:

Post a Comment