Friday, October 21, 2011

Project: Semi-Homemade Bulletin Board

I will never consider myself to be a super-crafty person - but I am super excited about some of the stuff I've been seeing on other pages that inspire me to do my own projects. So, here is one of my firsts!!

My office has been in need of a bulletin board for some time. I knew it would help to organize some of the important items for work (such as fees due on certain dates). When I completely dropped the ball and missed one of these oh so important dates, I realized that NOW is the time to invest in a bulletin board. But, I wanted something a little more fun and personalized than just a plain old cork board. I believe Google and I are on the same level, because she always seems to find what I am looking for.  I Googled "how to make a bulletin board" and this appeared:

"How to Make a Personalized Corkboard {bulletin board}"

I ended up buying a cork board with no frame at Hobby Lobby and some fabric (which is why I love this project so very much!). I wrapped the cork board in the fabric and used a staple gun to fasten the fabric down. It took me about 10 minutes to make and I'm planning on making another one for AJ's side of the office.

I'm amazed at what ideas people come up with! I thank all of you creative people out there for helping the not-so-creative people like me!






No comments:

Post a Comment