Do you remember when you were little and you got a new toy? You couldn't stop smiling or thinking about it? Well, AJ got a new planter, and he can't stop smiling (believe me, it isn't for me, it's for the planter!).
- It is mounted on the tractor (3 point) rather than towed behind the tractor
- There are no wheels at all on the planter which is desirable because it is hard to get to the row units to work on.
- It folds forward rather than backward when moving from field to field (easier/safer to maneuver)
- It has 24 rows (60 ft. wide)
- We load the seed in the middle of the planter and the planter distributes the seed to each row from air pushing the seed out (blowing).
- More adjustments can be made from the seat of the tractor to help with more precise placement of our seed.
- Variable rate drives: this allows us to put different seeding rates/population on without stopping.