Wednesday, June 5, 2013

World Pork Expo 2013

2013 06 05 Welcome to the WPX BLOG

I am able to attend the World Pork Expo every year and have been for 7 years now.  The WPX is like the state fair all about pork with attendees from all around the world. 

I can’t really tell you for sure what everyone else in the industry does at the expo, but I can give you an idea of what I do while there.

Like I’ve said before, I Work With Manure.  When I attend the expo, I’m mainly going for my job…and to get a free meal consisting mainly of pork. :)  We normally get an idea of what other companies we work with will be down there and whether or not we can meet up with some of them.  It’s a really good time to be able to catch up on some random tasks/projects that we’d all rather talk about in person.  So, even though there is a lot to see, this is a lot of what we do:

2013 06 05 WPX 01 BLOG

We talk.  We network. We learn.  Every year there are a lot of new technologies, research, ideas, etc. that we talk about and try to figure out what works best for us.  I can’t (and won’t) speak for everyone in the pork industry, but as I walk around the show it is pretty clear that a lot of thought goes into the people, the pigs, and the environment. 

I’m proud to be a pork producer!

2013 06 05 WPX 03 BLOG

No comments:

Post a Comment